Sunday 31 December 2006

Cambuslang River Clyde 10k

31st December 2006
Cambuslang, Glasgow
Results
Reasonably foul weather for the inaugural Cambuslang River Clyde 10k. Not a bad route. Pretty fast and flat, mostly along the Clyde Walkway between Carmyle and Dalmarnock starting in spectacularly unscenic part of south east Glasgow. The race was won by Allan Adams (Clydesdale) in 31:34, closely followed by Cambuslang's Stephen Wylie in 2nd place. First lady was Toni McIntosh in 39:15, running in a Stockport vest. I had my own private battle with Robert Rogerson of Kirkintilloch. We ran the entire race only metres apart. I finished 14th in the fairly average time of 37:14. 88 runners braved the dismal grey rainy weather for the last race of 2006!

No photos, map or heart rate graph because a) I couldn't find my camera this morning, b) I can't remember exactly where the race went, and c) I could be bothered wearing the chestband for once, and thought I'd see whether I could run faster without it. Not sure it made any real difference!

No comments: