Monday 12 March 2012

Running out of time

It's less than 6 weeks to go until London, and I'm quickly running out of time for any marathon training.

The week commencing 27th Feb, I decided to kick start a phase of higher mileage, and managed a 60 mile week, culminating with a reasonable performance at the Lasswade 10-mile road race (61:43). But the following day, I went down with a sore throat and cold, and haven't run since, which means I've missed a whole week, and still feel pretty rough with a virus. So I'm not sure when I'll start running again. Certainly not for a few days.

My plans for London Marathon last year were scuppered by exactly the same thing. Loads of training, and then I picked up a cold virus that wiped me out for 3 weeks, so my race was a write off. I only completed the course to gain a place for this year.

Hopefully, if this cold clears in time, I'll feel better for the marathon, but it still means I'll be missing 2 or 3 weeks of the most crucial training period. I'll guess I'll just need to lower any expectation (again), and treat the marathon as a stepping stone towards getting some fitness for other challenges later in the year.

In the meantime, here are a couple of photos of Benjamin who is 9 weeks old today:

Benjamin - 9 weeks old

1 comment:

Eddie said...

That's the idea Benjamin, cut down on your Mum and Dad's training!