Sunday 26 July 2009

Ben Rinnes Hill Race

25th July 2009
Results

This was my 3rd running of the Ben Rinnes race, and thankfully not as sweltering as last year. David Riach and I lead the jog round the grass track at the start after which Andy Symonds promptly took over the pace making on his way to a new course record of 1:56:55.

The usual faces all overtook on the track up to the golf course. Once on the hill proper I was running in the company of Adrian Davis, Phil Mowbray, Richie Cunningham, etc. Richie had a strong run and got the better of me, despite attempts to close him down after the second road crossing. Adrian faded and Phil pulled out with crocked ankle. I thought I might be on for a PB of 2:16 something, but despite running as hard as I could from the golf course to the finish I finished in 2:18:11.

Ellie had a good run finishing as 2nd lady in 2:35:27, less than 2 minutes after Megan Mowbray.

No comments: