Thursday 18 August 2011

Broadwood Loch 4.5k

Activity on Garmin Connect | Results

Advertised as a 5km, unfortunately this turned out to be only about 4.5km on the night, since a 500m loop was missed out in the 2nd kilometre.

I'd been feeling run down with a virus for a couple of weeks, so wasn't sure if this was a good idea, so just decided to have a steady run. I found myself in the lead for the first 150 metres before Robert Gilroy took over, followed by another 3 runners plus Paul Thompson. I tracked Paul, then made the mistake of overtaking him after 1 km. Greg Hastie then went past, and Paul soon caught me again. For the final 2 km I had Denis Williams of Shettleston and Steve Gray of Arbroath Footers both breathing down my neck, but I managed to hold them off to finish 7th, one place behind Paul.
Correct 5km route
Comparison of 2009 route and truncated 2011 route

No comments: