Thursday 27 May 2010

Clydebank 10k

27th May 2010

Results | Route on Garmin Connect

The second race in the 2010 Polaroid 10k Series. It was my 3rd shot at this race, and once again it was going to be a massive PW, but I just wanted to get another time on the board and jog around to get used the feeling of running again. Lots of familiar faces drifted past during the first few kilometres. I more or less held position from kilometre 4 onwards, or at least I didn't catch anyone at all, and I only got passed by 3 or 4 more runners including both Robert Wilson and Danny McLaughlin from Greenock Glenpark.

I made a bit of an effort to get dragged along by Danny from 5 kilometres onwards, and only finished a few seconds behind him. I think I missed my 38 minute target time by 1 or 2 seconds, but was pleased to by out running 2 nights in a row after the Chatelherault 6-mile handicap last night.

Johnston Orr, the only other Westie running, finished around 20 seconds behind me, and Iain Thompson from my work appeared delighted that he'd run comfortably inside 50 minutes for a massive PB of 48 minutes something.

No comments: