Saturday 20 March 2010

Carron Valley bike ride

It's 3 months today since I tore my right adductor at Mugdock and haven't been able to run since. And that was after about 6 weeks of illness with sinusitis from Nepal, so it's now getting on for 5 months since I was last running.

This morning I had a session at Achilles Heel on my adductor before going out for a pootle on my bike. I met up with Ellie and we headed out of Glasgow on the Forth and Clyde canal as far as the Falkirk Wheel.

After coffee and cake we headed back, but turned off at Banknock and cut over the hill to Carron Valley Reservoir. After Fintry we called in on Val and Rob to see Iona, who is now 7 days old. And then after more tea and cake cycled back to Strathblane and over the hill past Mugdock Village to drop down past Milngavie Reservoirs to see John & Fiona to discuss plans for next weekend's Cateran Trail Extravaganza.

The total distance of the route was 99km.

No comments: