Saturday 14 March 2009

Lairig Mor Trail Race

14th March 2009
Results | Photos | Route details at EveryTrail

22km trail race from Mamore Lodge to Fort William along the West Highland Way

This was my 4th outing at Lairig Mor and almost certainly the windiest. Before the start I chatted with Craig Mitchell, Tom Smith, Mark Harris and Jason Williamson, and as luck would have it, this was precisely the group I ran with until about the halfway point. Jason and I were doing most of the sheltering, and Mark and Craig were taking most of the wind.

The pace felt pretty pedestrian until halfway at which point Craig stamped his mark on the race and really took off. Tom gave chase, with Mark, Jason and myself strung out in 3rd, 4th and 5th positions. I lost sight of Jason for the last few miles into Fort William, but kept working hard to make sure I would finish under 1:40, which I just managed with 1:38:41.

No comments: