Saturday 31 January 2009

Pollok Park 5k

31st January 2009

Results

A great sunny morning and a record turnout for Pollok Park Run no.9 with 107 runners. Due to re-measuring the course the route was slightly longer than previously, but despite the extra 50 metres or so, Robert Turner still set a new course record of 16:21, and beat Robert Gilroy in the process! I had my own personal battle with fellow V45 George Taylor of Giffnock who I had never raced against before, but noticed that George had run 2:41:50 at London Marathon 2007, so I was determined to give him a run for his money. We swapped places several times, but in the end George clocked 17:30, and I finished just behind him in 17:31 for 7th place.

Race route Race route Dave Calder Coffee afterwards in Burrell Collection Course profile

No comments: