Tuesday 1 January 2008

Portobello Promathon

1st January 2008
Results

Ellie and I saw in the New Year with a delightful 4-mile run along the Portobello Promenade in drizzly rain. My 1st race of 2008, and nearly 1½ minutes faster than last year.

I set off just behind the leading block of 6 runners, and held 7th place for about the first mile, before being ground down and passed by Freya Murray, Brian Cruickshank and Ian Stewart. Junior Lothian runner Robert Inglis also passed, but I managed dig in and get back in front just before halfway, and held onto a small lead for the long 2-mile run back, hoping in vain that BrianC might fade a fraction. I'm not sure Ellie enjoyed the race much, but had a reasonable run to finish as 8th lady in 25:25.

Race Route The Leaders (John Newson is No.154) Freya Murray and Ian Stewart Brian Cruickshank with me chasing in the distance Ellen plus group
Photos by David Bauchop of roadrunpics.com and Peter Buchanan of Portobello

No comments: