Sunday 2 January 2011

Summary of 2010

All race results | Hill race results

I've just totted up my races for 2010, and discovered I completed 51 timed events (including club handicaps). The early part of the year was scuppered by illness and injury, so I missed a lot of key events like Carnethy 5, National Cross Country, Ben Lomond, etc.

I didn't manage a single marathon or half marathon, but did complete 9 hill races lasting more than 1hr50, getting horrendous cramp in most of them due to lack of conditioning. Apart from these 9 races, plus Leg 3 at the UK Hill Relays, the other 41 races were all under the hour.

I only raced once outside of Scotland, and that was at the Dublin Masters Cross Country in November, although I did hike 800km across the Pyrenees in July on the GR11, and ran up Mount Teide on Tenerife in November.

I managed 4 PBs: Ayr 5-mile Trail Race in August, National Cross Country Relays at Cumbernauld in October, and Glasgow Parkrun and King's Seat Grudge Match in November.

In December I ran every day as part of the 2010 Marcothon devised by Debbie Consani, and during December I only raced 3 times at Strathclyde and Glasgow Parkruns, each time on snow or ice, so the times are a bit meaningless, but I finished 5th, 1st and 2nd.

Going into 2011, I'm hoping to consolidate some better performances on the road and cross country. I will take part in a few hill races, but more for the social aspect than being competitive since I have little or no natural ability at hill running.

As mentioned previously, my main goals for the coming year are to stay uninjured, run more regularly, and get a decent marathon time like something around 2:45.

3 comments:

John Kynaston said...

All the best for 2011 Chris.

I hope you stay injury free and continue to enjoy your running.

JK

Unknown said...

Chris,

you must be reading my thoughts as your last section is exactly what l'm looking to do in 2011.

So all the best.

John the Jogger

Debs M-C said...

Best of luck for 2011 :-)