Saturday 8 January 2011

Glasgow Parkrun #104

Results | Activity on Garmin Connect

Another Saturday morning. Another Parkrun.

Cold snowy conditions so once again the 5-lap off-road course.

I arrived a bit late after clearing piles of snow off the car, then horrible stomach problems meant I only just reached the start with no time for a warm up or to change into spikes.

After my hard 10km around the Kilpatricks Race Route yesterday afternoon and running with a sore stomach meant I was feeling pretty washed out straight away, and after the very first climb it was clear I had no chance of chasing Niall this week, so I spent the first 3 laps sitting in 3rd place behind Luke Traynor and Niall just waiting to get passed.

I tried to keep a steady pace after the initial cavalry charge and in fact ran 3:48, 3:59, 3:59, 3:59 and 3:59 for the 5 laps. At the start of the 4th lap I got caught and passed by Greig Glendinning and Craig Ross from Bellahouston RR. I rallied slightly in Lap 4 and got back in front, but at the start of Lap 5 Greig went past again and I couldn't quite respond so Greig finished in 19:41 to my 19:44, with Niall a good 32 seconds in front this week.

No comments: