Tuesday 3 August 2010

Tour of Clydeside: Canal Canter

Activity on Garmin Connect

The 2nd event of the Tour of Clydeside series was a 4.8-mile out and back race along the canal towpath at Clydebank.

I decided to set off a bit more conservatively than last night, and didn't bother attempting to run with the lead group, but settled in behind Robert Rogerson and ran alongside Lesley Chisholm for the first mile. Robert made several attempts to break away before the turn, but I covered each of his surges and turned just behind him. On the return leg, Michael Freshour of Bellahouston Harriers put in a big effort to pass myself and Robert, so I tried to chase down Michael which pulled me past Robert with about a mile to go. I then increased my lead on Robert to 13 seconds but couldn't quite catch Michael.

I felt much stronger in this run than last night at Kilbarchan, where I faded in the second half.

No comments: