Sunday 13 June 2010

Vale of Leven 10k

13th June 2010

Results | Route on Garmin Connect

The 4th and final race in the 2010 Polaroid 10k Series. I'd never completed all 4 races in the series before, so thought I should make the effort despite rather sore legs from yesterday, and an early start to make Balloch before 9am.

The weather was fairly grey and rainy, but a comfortable temperature for running.

The race starts at Lomond Shores and after crossing the River Leven turns into Balloch Castle Country Park with a fairly steep hill from 1km to 2.5km, which climbs about 50 metres.

I shuffled along through Jamestown getting passed fairly continuously until crossing the bridge at 6km. With 4km to go I started making a bit more effort, and just managed to dip under 39 minutes, which means that all 4 of my 10k times were 38 minutes something, which although embarrassingly slow was at least consistent.

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

I wish I could run that embarrassingly slow. Good effort to run all four races. That would kill me.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you missed taking my ankle away
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taburetka/4697382495/in/set-72157624268290712/