Sunday 28 March 2010

Blairgowrie bike ride

27th March 2010

Route on Garmin Connect

I was feeling pretty ropey with a cold, but drove to Blairgowrie and then cycled to Alyth and up the hill to intercept our Westerlands club relay run around the 55-mile Cateran Trail. Once I found John Hamer I turned around and headed back to the Den of Alyth Car Park where are a crowd was waiting for the changeover. Ellie and I chased after Dave Calder up the hill to West Tullyfergus before dropping back to Blairgowrie. We then took a challenging route to Bridge of Cally by climbing up the hillside to skirt round the Hill of Drimmie. After Bridge of Cally the cycling was easier, but steadily uphill and into a headwind. At Enochdhu the runners headed over the hill back to Spittal of Glenshee, so Ellie and I put the bikes in the car drove to Gulabin Lodge where we all stayed the night. I think the whole route took about 8 hours 37 minutes for the fastest of 3 teams.

No comments: