Sunday 11 October 2009

Pentland Skyline

11th October 2009
Results

My 8th year in a row at the Pentland Skyline, and my 70th race for 2009.

It was super-cold and windy before the start, but improved as the race went on, getting quite warm by the end. The first half was hard work with a ferocious headwind making the descent from Carnethy quite amusing, given that you had to lean sideways into the wind at an improbable angle to make any forward progress.

Given the strength of the wind, I just pootled along conserving my energy for hopefully a faster return leg with the wind on our backs.

I seemed to gain a few places after leaving the Drove Road, passing 5 folk and getting pretty close to catching Duncan Coombs of Edinburgh Uni who must have been fading fast.

The race concluded the SHR Long Classics Series. I've just posted a report on the SHR website, and calculated the final scores. Strangely enough, from the 11 races in the Long Classics series there were 9 different race winners. The only people to win 2 races were Andy Symonds (who won the series) and Al Anthony.

No comments: