Sunday 13 July 2008

Alva Games Hill Race

Results | Race Details
2.5km with 385m of ascent

The race winner for the 3rd year in a row was Alastair Dunn from Kendal-based Helm Hill, finishing in 20:22, and 30 seconds clear of Stirling University's Ewan McCarthy who was first to turn at the summit. First lady was Lucy Lacon of Holmfirth in 25:49.

I topped out with Martin Laing and Bruce Smith just in front, but immediately lost them on the descent as I found my worn out Roclite 315's had been a bad shoe choice with no grip, and spent most of the descent slipping and sliding, and falling on my backside. The first lady, Lucy Lacon, passed me just before the corner of the golf course and lead me down to the road, but I hurdled the wall to get back in front before the half lap of the grass track, and finished 22nd in 25:38.

The Climb The Climb Race Route Race Route Race Profile

Kenny Stuart, Wansfell 1982 Kenny Stuart
The record of 18:39 for Alva dates back to 1981, and is held by the legendary Kenny Stuart of Keswick AC, who still holds the records for Ben Nevis (1984), Skiddaw (1984) and Snowdon (1985).

Link to Kenny Stuart Article

No comments: