Tuesday 2 October 2007

Lock 27 Time Trial

1st October 2007
Route | All Time Results
2.9 miles

Thanks to Charlie for all his efforts at keeping the Lock 27 Time Trial ticking over the past 3 years. Seeing as last night was ostensibly the final curtain, I thought I'd better make the effort at targetting David Riach's club record time of 16:13 from August 2006.

Having just finished Graeme Obree's autobiography The Flying Scotsman, I've learned to be less compromising... since for Mr Obree, if he wasn't close to death at the end of each ride, then he felt he'd failed badly.

I didn't entirely kill myself last night, but caught Nige before the top of Cleveden Hill, then caught Pat before Beaconsfield Rd, Nathan on Gt Western Rd, then passed Liz and Maureen just at the turn back onto the canal. I thought I'd pressed to hard, and was flagging by Dorchester Avenue, but kept pushing along the canal just in case I was anywhere near David's 16:13. In fact I was surprised when I finished and my watch read 15:49 - almost a minute faster than my previous best.

Times from last night:
1. Chris Upson, 15:49
2. Nigel Scott, 16:47
3. Pat Arthur, 17:14
4. Nathan Eagen, 18:18
5. Maureen McEwan, 24:30
6. Liz Horton, 24:40

Route In full flight Group outside Lock 27 Pub

No comments: