Thursday 3 May 2007

Caw Fell Race

2nd May 2007
Results | Route

A stunning sunny evening at Broughton Mills. 50 or so runners lined up outside the Blacksmiths Arms for the downhill cavalry charge along a few 100 metres of tarmac before reaching the hill. I lead for the first 200 metres or so before stepping aside to allow Lloyd Taggart to bound off into the distance.

Mike Robinson & I were shoulder to shoulder at the summit of The Knott, then ran together through the boggy hummocky ground to Caw Fell and back. Shortly before The Knott on the way back I switched on the after-burners and opened up a 20 seconds gap on Mike, which I just about managed to hold until the end. Finished 5th in 52:34 just behind Matt Reedy and Nimrod Lockwood who I hadn't seen at a race in ages.

Lloyd finished first in a new record of 45:57. Jackie Lee was first lady in a joint record time of 56:27, finishing one second behind Dave Ward.

Race Profile

No comments: