Tuesday 27 January 2009

Run for Gordon

JustGiving page My standard 10k canal training run Legs after canal training run

Over the past few weeks I have started ramping up the miles for London Marathon on 26th April 2009. I have also set up a JustGiving page to support Gordon Shannon, and to raise funds for Tak Tent Cancer Support Unit at Gartnavel Hospital, Glasgow. My aim is to complete the marathon in under 2 hours 50 minutes.

Gordon was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2007, and following treatment recently tried to get back to some running with Ayr Turkey Trot and Nigel Barge 10k races in December 2008 and January 2009. However at the Jack Crawford 10k a couple of weeks ago Gordon collapsed with a seizure and was airlifted to the Southern General, and so Gordon won't be attempting any more races in the near future.

Please support Gordon and his family by visiting my JustGiving page.

No comments: