Thursday 5 April 2007

Loughrigg Fell Race

4th April 2007
Results

Ran the Loughrigg Fell Race just over 2 minutes faster than last year. Accidentally sent off a bit fast, and was in 2nd place running up the initial steep tarmac. Danny from Kendal was the only runner to set off faster. Nick Sharp pulled alongside after a while and I paced him for a bit before getting dropped. Then Ben Abdelnoor pulled alongside and I paced him for a while before getting dropped.

Nick won the race and Ben came 3rd. I eventually got caught by the cavalry charge just before the summit where there was some jostling and manoeuvring to get round the trig. My lines were repeatedly blocked on the descents as runners cut in front and obstructed my view of the ground.

I more or less held position on the run back and very nearly pipped 2 on the line but was nervous of totally wrecking my hamstrings with the big sprint finish. Ended up 12th in 29:48 and got beaten by the first V40 by 2 seconds!

No comments: