Sunday 16 April 2006

Manx Mountain Marathon

15th April 2006
31 miles, 8400ft
Results  |  Split Times  |  2005 Report
Jogged the Manx Mountain Marathon yesterday with very sore right knee. After South Barrule my entire body was aching, so I stopped noticing the knee. Ended up 14th of about 90 runners, in 5:48:51. My main aim was to scrape inside 6 hours, which luckily I managed mainly by starting off very slowly. In fact I ran the entire race very slowly, apart from the final 400m when I decided to sprint to pip Michael Diver before the line. Paul Thompson of Clayton won the race for the third year in a row in a time of 4:54. First lady was Louise Staples of Worcestershire Joggers in 6:44, narrowly beating Debbie Thompson on her 50th birthday.
Profile of the route The start in Ramsey Climbing Snaefell above the Black Hut Descending to Greeba Bridge Climbing through the Slieau Whallian Plantation above St John's Michael Diver Louise Staples - 1st lady in 6:44 Top 30 results
Ocean Castle Hotel Danger! Bradda Head Port Erin beach Bradda Head

No comments: