Friday 30 March 2018

1000th race - European Masters, Madrid

M50 3000m results

20th March saw me complete my 1000th race in 18 years at the European Masters in Madrid.

It was a close run thing making this my 1000th race. The previous weekend I'd notched up Valentines Parkrun plus British Masters 1500m and 3000m to place me on 999 before heading out to Madrid.

The evening of Monday 19th I went out for a meal with seasoned campaigners Brian Scally and Anthony Treacher who have both been there, done it, and worn the T-shirt when it comes to winning world medals at masters athletics.

I felt very much a novice in their company, this being my first track race in a GB vest.

On the morning of the event, Brian and I left the hotel soon after 7am and wandered along to the stadium at Gallur.  There was a sobre mood at the warm up track, with GB athletes pottering around, trying to get inspired at 8 o'clock in the morning.

The M50 3000m race was split into 2 heats. I ended up at the back of the medal-winning race, with 18 runners on the track.  The pace was not fast for the first 3 laps, but eventually heated up.  I settled in behind an Irish runner before passing him near the end, and lapping the French runner in the photo below.  I was also lapped by the first 5 runners, with just under 500 metres to go, so as they hit the bell I still had 2 laps to go.  I managed to speed up a bit for the final 400 metres to finish 15th out of 18 starters in 10:16.

Despite being my slowest ever 3000m on the track, I was pleased to go through with the event, and come out the other end without feeling too disappointed.


Madrid European Masters 3000m.  Photo: Alan Ramage



1 comment:

Madonaldo said...

Why are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia Maldonado from CA USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,he also heal HIV and AID and Autistic and it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.