Sunday 30 October 2011

Allan Scally Relay

Activity on Garmin Connect | Results

My 5th relay in 5 weekends after the McAndrew's at Jordanhill, West District Cross Country at Drumpellier, UKA British Hill Relays at Kettlewell, and the Scottish National Cross Country Relays at Cumbernauld.

I'd only run the Allan Scally once before, and that was way back in 2004 on a different course when I ran 27:42. Having seen the times from last year, I was expecting to run around 28:15 this time. I'd put myself on Leg 4, however there was some confusion with regards to a mass start that was just about to send off the final few runners, so the results for Leg 4 currently show nonsense for several of the runners.

I took over from Ciaran just before the mass start, and then started chasing down runners, with large gaps and increasingly wet and rainy conditions. I passed around 6 runners, and was caught by 1 runner from the mass start. I think it was Matthew White of Dundee University who I then tried to chase around the rest of the route. It was pretty torrential by the time I finished in 28:20, but sportingly the rest of the team - Don, John and Ciaran had all waited for me to finish before we jogged back to Bannerman High School in Baillieston.

Link to photos

No comments: