Friday 20 July 2007

Cuerden 10k Trail Race

19th July 2007
Results | Race Website

My 52nd race of the year, a Thursday night trail race around Cuerden Valley Park just south of Preston. 151 runners. I accidentally set off in the lead for the first few 100 metres, until we'd crossed the footbridge over the River Lostock running through the park. I then let 5 runners go by and attempted to sit behind them.

The route was flagged with faint sawdust arrows that required concentration to spot, plus there were dozens of kissing gates, plus a few flights of wooden steps. The group of 5 slowly drifted away, although I kept 2 of them almost within range.

I finished 6th in 37:23, with Rick Hayman winning in a course record of 34:24 - fresh from finishing 2nd at Rivington 5-miler last night.

Race Profile Race Route The finish area

No comments: