Sunday 11 December 2005

Simonside Cairns

11th December 2005
Rothbury, Northumberland
11 miles / 1900ft
Results
My 92nd race of the year, taking me past the 1000-mile mark for racing in 2005.
Races have ranged from Weston-super-Mare prom run in deepest darkest Somerset to Glamaig boulder and bog thrash in the wilds of Skye (where I got beaten by Steffen). Overseas ventures have included the Spelga Skyline horror show in Northern Ireland, Manx Mountain Marathon on Isle of Man, Defi de l'Oisans in France, Slovenian Alpine Marathon, and last but not least the mind-blowing (in more ways than one) Everest Lafuma Sky Race in Nepal.
Sunday in Northumberland proved bright and sunny, but with a tiring blustery headwind for first half.
The race was won by Nick Swinburn (NFR), closely followed by Tim Wylie (Tynedale). I finished in 1:28:38, a full 5 minutes off my PB for the course. Angela Mudge set a new ladies' course record of 1:24:19.
Profile of the route

No comments: